Regular 2020 Summer Services Cancelled

The 2020 schedule of summer church services has been cancelled due to the risks and challenges associated with the COVID-19 virus.

Four Video services will be aired on Zoom and Facebook.

The details for these services are provided on the 2020 Summer Worship Schedule page of this website.

Sunday Prayer and Meditation Hour

The Chapel is now open every Sunday morning during the regular service hour (10:00 to 11:00) for silent prayer and meditation purposes. Details are found on the 2020 Summer Worship Schedule page of this website.

IRS 501(c)(3) Status obtained

For those of you interested who may be interested, we are pleased to report that the Chapel Association was granted the status of a 501(c)(3) charitable organization this past October 2019.

St. John’s Woodland Village

The southern side yard of the Chapel property welcomes enterprising youngsters who would like to build miniature log cabins in our St. John’s Woodland Village. The Village is intended to embody the all- embracing spirit of our church family and the bonds we all share in the shadow of this beautiful sanctuary. The Village also commemorates the earliest community of farmers on Bear Island, the very first of whom, Robert Bryant, built his house – a log cabin – c. 1802 on this hill top. By the 1830s, there were more than a half dozen families living year-round on South Bear. Everyone is welcome to join in.




%d bloggers like this: