St. John’s is located on beautiful Bear Island on scenic Lake Winnipesaukee, in Meredith, NH. To reach the Chapel, transportation by boat is necessary.
DOCKING is available at the church docks, located in Deep Cove, on the South-West side of the island. There is a sign on the shore for identification.
A few individual docking spaces are also available at private homes close to the church docks as well as on East Bear Island. These spots will be marked each Sunday morning by a bright orange pennant flown at the end of the dock.
A marked trail leads from Deep Cove some 1000 feet up the hill to the Chapel. Longer, well established hiking trails lead to the Chapel from East Bear. It is typically a 20 minute walk. Other paths are marked from various other locations around the island.