The Chapel is a rustic and beautiful building and a wonderful place in which to hold a special ceremony. We are happy to offer you its use for weddings, baptisms and memorial services, conducted either privately or during our regular services.
The following guidelines are provided to help make your experience an easy and joyful one for all. Please read the entire document and, if possible, plan to visit the Chapel during a regular service. This will help you decide whether the Chapel is the right place for you.
SOME BASIC FACTS:
- The Chapel is only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. It can comfortably seat 60-75 guests.
- The Chapel is located on the highest elevation of Bear Island. It is most easily reached by a simple woodland trail that begins at the Chapel docks in Deep Cove on the southern end of Bear Island.
- Depending upon your age and physical condition, it can take 10 to 20 minutes to climb the hill to the Chapel. While the trail is somewhat steep in places, there are resting benches along the way to ease the walk up.
- There is no electricity or plumbing at the Chapel.
- The donation for the use of the Chapel for a Wedding is $300, and it is $150 for a private Baptism or Memorial Service .
- The Chapel owns three docks in Deep Cove on the south end of Bear Island which can accommodate up to six boats, 15-22 feet in length, maximum. Any larger boats should arrange to be moored or to dock elsewhere.
- Some wedding parties have taxied guests over from Cattle Landing or Shep Brown’s Boat Basin, both of which have public parking lots and are a 5-10 minute boat ride away.
APPLICATION FORMS :
Click on the appropriate line below to bring up the link to the application that meets your needs. Then follow the steps below.
- Print and complete the form.
- Enclose your donation check
- Mail the package to:
St. John’s on-the-Lake Chapel
12 Loch Eden Shores Rd.
Meredith, NH 03253
Your reservation date will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed application.